"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Squat/Deadlift Training 3/1/06

First time doing these on the same day. I use to do this all the time but I see it will take some getting use to. Shrugs were very easy as well as calf raises. Threw in some core work mostly b/c this day sees a lot of lower back work and I dropped the rest of my support work so I need to make some of it up some where. We'll see how this goes.

Squat 430x5/460x5
Deadlift 465x5/510x5
Shrugs 425x3x15/455x15
Seated Calf Raise 180x8/205x3x8
Straight Leg Sit Up 45x3x12/70x12

5 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Nice workout, Mike. Nothing like heavy compound exercises...

11:25 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Looks like a good mix, Mike. Why'd you stop doing squats and deads on the same day initially?

11:18 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

That'a a good question Scott and I had to go back in my logs to check it out. Basically I had switched up my split last june so I could squat twice a week and bench 3x a week in prep for a meet. After that, I started to cut weight and never got back to it until now. I've reached a point where I can't do them both in the same week. For some reason, I can't recover fast enough anymore. The every 10 day was nice but my squat suffered from it. Always trying to adapt and overcome the constant barrage of obstacles that come our way each and every day!

5:52 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I've avoided doing squats and deads on the same day until recently, and they seem to work well together. Feels as though the combination builds up the endurance a lot faster.

Now the fun part - waiting to see what the recovery time is like.

2:33 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

I hardely got sore at all from this workout.

5:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home