"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Bench Training 2/16/06

Long bench session tonight. Spent 45 just benching to get all my sets/reps. On my second to last set of nosebreakers I got 9 reps and then my last set got 10. That sucks b/c now I have to do the same weight/sets/reps next week. Everything else felt good. One other thing to note, I'm considering dropping the front squats. I don't know if I had the bar in the wrong position or what but my shoulders were bruised badly and hurt to the point that it affected my benching somewhat.

Bench Press 365x1/340x8x3(last rep paused each set)
Barbell Nosebreaker 115x5x10/1x9
Standing Hammer Curl 75x8/80x2x8/85x8
Seated Row 255x2x8/270x8/300x8

3 Comments:

Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

Your Bench is looking good there mike,...i agree front squats suck when you get to considerable weight, i have dropped these but found a gadget made by the same people that made the manta ray attachment, its called a stingray and helps to protect the shoulders on the front squat....if i can find the link i'll shoot the link to you. Havent tried it but probably will soon as i think the front squat is a useful excercise...

2:05 PM

 
Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:07 PM

 
Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

http://www.adfit.com/stingray/index.asp?REFERER=00914

2:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home