"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Monday, March 06, 2006

Tricep Training 3/6/06

The 385x3 was so easy I went right to 405 and nailed it! Then did it again to get some reps in and they were 2 solid reps but a 3rd would not have been possible. After that, skullcrushers were very hard. Besides the fact that my triceps were still sore from Fridays JM Presses, the boards made these very tough. Nonetheless, my form and reps were solid. A quick point I want to make, during my warmups I benched with my feet flat using an "athletic benching" technique promoted by Ken Fantano. I will include the link to the info but let me say this, it rocks. I've never been a fan of feet flat benching but this style rocks. I will incorporate it on my warm ups to adjust for a month or so before I do a full transfer over. I recommend it to everyone. Here's the link:
http://www.martygallagher.com/more/259_0_1_0_M/

Board Bench 385x3 / 405x3,2
Barbell Skullcrusher 135x5x8 / 145x7
Seated Hammer Curls 50x4x12
Pendlay Rows 235x3x8

4 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

When I did my warmups I used a thumbless grip and did everything he said. I've NEVER used a thumbless grip but it does help you get the elbows against the lats as well as take some stress off the elbows. I went up to 365 using this technique and just threw the weight up very fast.

7:49 PM

 
Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

how many boards you going off of? Those numbers look pretty good!! I never could take to the thumbless grip, i got small hands so a normal bar looks like im holding the fat end of a baseball bat anyway....thats technique should definitely help with the poundages.....keep it up.....

9:30 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Mike, that sounds like a good way of doing things. I'm keen to see how much difference it makes once you do fully switch over.

What's your bench technique like now (just wondering where the major differences are)?

10:46 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Powerlifter1974: I always use a 4x4, never anything else.

Scott: I bench on my toes the way Mendy showed me. And when I bring the bar down I usually hold it lightly on my chest.

2:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home