"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Week 14 Training Day 2

Squat 225x2/315x1/405x1/505x1
Deadlift 315x1/495x1(no chalk, double overhand)/555x1
Pause Bench 135x2/225x1/315x1/365x1/275x5(close), 275x5(wide)
Chest Supported Row 90x12/135x12/190x12

No back squats on friday as the bicep tendon was a little tender. Will probably do Front Squats, Rack pulls, and Pause Bench with some pull ups. I'm working on making my own system of low volume that will enable me to train the 3 lifts heavy 3x a week. So far I feel great with very little soreness except for the bicep tendon.

4 Comments:

Blogger Huzz said...

Mike, What do you think of the Bill Starr 5x5 program for an intermediate lifter? I seem to respond better with more frequency on bench and squat, but am worried about the lack of assistance work....

11:45 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

I've never used the Bill Starr routine. 5x5 is a great training tool though. I have however read a lot about his routine and there doesn't need to be a lack of support work. He would do variations of the lift for his light and medium days. Say for bench he would do inclines on the light day and becnhe on the heavy and medium days. For squats he would use heavy squats and front squats. For deadlifts he would use deadlifts and bent over rows. THat is plenty of assistance right there.

1:40 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Actually it went away but I think it may have been from the pull ups on Monday. It was just a pain in the bicep incertion by the elbow.

6:00 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

I never eally thought about % and what not Jon. Went mostly by feel the first week. I've never done well benching more than once a week off my chest but by keeping the volume low and weight medium I did real well. But after seeing this my max triple for squats was around 70% of my projected max, the single around 80%. For deads, the triple was 72% and the single around 79%. For bench, the long pauses were done with 70%(exactly, that's weird) and the single with around 82%. Once again though, I went entirely by feel and just did these percentages.

6:30 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home