"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Week 5 Training Day 2

Deadlift 225x1/315x1/405x1/495x1/585x1/635x1 3/4
Grip Shrugs 225x25/315x21,19

Ok, I missed a deadlift rep b/c of my stupid grip! I almost lost all my calluses on my left hand in the process. Grip has never been an issue until after my hand injury. Now I must see what I can do before my meet. I think I will pull just singles for the last 2 weeks unless I feel good. This should help with my confidence. Will continue with the grip shrugs ala Ed Coan with a double overhand thumbless grip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

ugh....knock on wood i have never had this problem, maybe once im pulling your weight i will...hahaha....i have heard this happening to people and cant imagine how it would feel....good idea on the shrug thing, dont worry too much about it, come meet day you will grip and rip no problemo!! either way good work....Do you own any Captains of Crush? 100 reps a day 3 times a week does me fine.......

4:48 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

I have no grippers. But I am going to invest in a good one. It's really crazy how it happened b/c the bar was just sliding right up easy pie then went flying out of my grip.

7:21 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home