"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Week 9 Training Day 2

Squat 225x1/315x1/405x1/500x5
Sumo Deadlift 315x1/405x1/495x1/555x3(easy)
Chest Supported Rows 135x5/225x5/275x5

One more week of 5s for squats and it will be a good week. I feel if I actually cut back to just breaking parallel or 1 inch below I could probably go up to 545 or so for 5 reps easy. But I have no spotters to call my depth or tape it so I just go butt to the floor. Sumos went well and I will try 575x3-5 reps. I could've done 5 reps tonight but I'm still getting over being sick. I would really like to do 575x5 next week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

Mike,
Are you a conv. or sumo DL'er? i think in an old pic you were conv, wasnt sure....either way the poundages are lookage great, i figure you ought to beat the projections you forecasted, what do you think?.........quit sandbagging you jive turkey!!!

8:23 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Ha! Thanks for the motivation, I love it. Yes, I have never done sumos before but am switching b/c conventional causes my lower back to continue to bet worse whereas with sumo I discovered that it causes no additional pain to my low back. Si I'm giving it a shot. My technique is improving every week as I read more and more.

7:20 AM

 
Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

Im the same way, conventional deads fry my back and take way longer to heal. I have never made good enough progress on them to warrant keeping them around so it's sumo for me. Im sure you will do very well with the change over, you had a hell of a DL anyway....Good Luck

11:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home