"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Meet is a No Go

I will not be doing any powerlifting meets in the near future. Squats leave my back and hips aching for days and I'd rather just worry about my bodybuilding show for now. Although I may compete in some deadlift meets b/c that does not give me any problems. Here is todays workout, back/hamstrings:

Wide Grip Chins - 12, 12, 7, 6
Close Grip Pulldowns - 340x8 /300x8
Bent Over Rows - 345x8/325x7
Hammer Unilateral Rows 110x10
Hammer Seated Leg Curl 150x10+2/135x 8+2
Stiff Leg Deadlift 365x11/325x10

All sets taken to failure. When I do a second set the only rest I take is to change the weight.

4 Comments:

Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

whoa!!! BB'ing competition, i can honestly say i did not see that coming!!! When is the comp, what calss you going in, etc....what prompted the decision to go this route?.....interesting to say the least. I rememebr reading an article on t-nation about a powerlifter that swapped over and when he dropped the BF, there was some incredible muscle mass. Keep us posted as this is quite an interesting thing. Good Luck!!!

2:23 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

I will be in the superheavys, novice, drug tested. I should be doing a comp either late summer or early next spring. I have to get my bodyfat down while getting my muscular bodyweight as high as possible. Right now I'm up to 286 with 20%. Once I get 265 with 10% I'll be ready to cut down to 220 or so. I took this route b/c of all the problems my body was having with the squat and all the shoulder pain from benchin

5:52 AM

 
Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

someitmes you gotta listen to your body, good luck and keep posting....if you can put come before and after pics up too, that would be cool....

9:46 AM

 
Blogger Kris said...

An unexpected twist of turns indeed! Are you still planning on shredding using the Anabolic Diet or up for something else? Good luck!!! :-D

3:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home