"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Monday, January 01, 2007

Motivation

After reading the results from the ADAU coal country classic and seeing that the nationals are being held in Maryland, a certain someone's hometown, I may have found the motivation to do one powerlifting meet in 2007. I haven't done a regular squat, bench, or deadlift since I hurt my back. I have been doing inclines, SLDL, hack squats, and other things. Taking what I've learned from bodybuilders I will attempt to train for the ADAU nationals and total 1800-1850 in the 319 class. This will require some weight gain, 20+ pounds, but I will do it slowly. It would be easier to compete in the 275s and easier to win but my sole competition last year was in the 319s. 650/450/700 gives me 1800. The only thing that would stop me would be my hips and back. Check back later for some training. I will not post all my training days but a few every now and then. If I can hobble threw this cycle it will most likely be my last full powerlifting competition.

4 Comments:

Blogger Christian D. said...

Mike,

It's good to see you back. I was just looking at blogs last week and ran across yours and noticed that it wasn't updated in awhile.

I hope you are able to get your back in order and proceed forward.

5:34 PM

 
Blogger Kris said...

Second that, good to see some action around here. Hopefully your back recovers, I know how debilitating a sore back is... So after this meet, you will likely be concentrating on bench only meets?

3:29 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

If I do this meet it may well be my last one. I'm disappointed with the way powerlifting is turning out so instead of complaining about it I will just move on. The whole raw vs. gear thing is crazy and to each there own. I've used gear and benched 475 no shirt, put the shirt on and that same workout hit 625 in the shirt easy. I could go on about my first and only workout in an inzer canvas squat suit as well but that's neither here nor there. Good luck with your meet Kris, wish I could do it but I will be keeping a watch.

12:06 PM

 
Blogger Alberto said...

Have you ever thought of giving Louie Simmons a call? Between him and Jim Wendler, they are both very giving with their time and considering Louie's laundry list of injuries, he may have something helpful to offer. It's good to see you back, Mike, and go get 'em!!!

9:03 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home