"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Strong Return

Today was a strong return to weight lifting for me.  I suffered a pretty bad injury and have not touched a weight in over a month. It will be even longer before I can return to doing squats and deadlifts again but I will work on what the doctor cleared me for, upper body. So today I wanted to find out where I was strength wise for a few exercises I want to incorporate. Today was like a chest/shoulder/tricep day. Here it is:

Legs Up Pause Bench
135x 10
225x 6
275x 6
295x 6
315x 6

Seated Shoulder Press
135x 10
185x 5
225x 5
185x 5, 10

Seated French Press
45x 20
95x 10
135x 8, 6
155x 6

That was it.  I finished off with some cardio but no ab work due to the neck/back injury. I minimized all stress on the spine by benching with my feet in the air and doing my tricep work seated. I have no pain and was surprised at the strong workout after a month layoff. 

4 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hey Mike, I have some things I'd like to talk to you about. It is Tuesday night. Is your e-mail account finally up again?

6:55 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mike, How long do you spend in the Gym doing all this. It looks a bit of an epic session. Should be going for around 45 mins or so.

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Mike, How long do you spend in the Gym doing all this. It looks a bit of an epic session. Should be going for around 45 mins or so.

1:03 PM

 
Blogger Joe said...

Wow its a very good post. The information provided by you is really very good and helpful for me. Keep sharing good information..

1998 Ford Explorer AC Compressor

5:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home