"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Injuries

I have been nursing a very bad right shoulder for about 3 weeks now as well as 2 bad elbows for...a long time. It makes my style of benching very painful. This is one of the reasons I feel I need more warm ups as well as some changes. My support work is centered around supporting my shoulder joint and elbow joint while my core exercises are centered around strengthing them. I also have a deadlift/back day. I have eliminated dips for obvious reasons but feel I am lacking an overload for my muscles. So, I will go back to my old style and include 4x3 off the 4x4 on my elbow joint day. I will follow that up with either reverse band press off the chest or 16 inch grip floor presses. I'm leaning toward the reverse bands for the extra relief they provide for my shoulder(even with a 16 inch grip on the floor press the bar is only about 2 inches off my chest).

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Sounds good. I'll incorporate the shoulder horn and I've gotten away from the JMs as well. 5 months is a long time, but I think I have it zeroed in on. Between the high rep bp and weighted dips I pushed it too far and have some inflamation right now.

9:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home