"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Change of Plans

So I decided to pull out of my comp due mainly to 2 reasons; one I feel I peaked 2 weeks early. Two, with my shoulder in it's current condition to push myself to a PR at this time would be silly. Although the shoulder does feel better since I dropped the cleans, pull ups, and added in lots of high rep, light shrugs.
Now what, well I've got some plans. A full meet the end of January at 242 with meet attempts of 605-405-605 or thereabouts all raw. To accomplish this I was origianlly thinking of doing more work, 6x a week, and building up. But, I actually think that less work but with super high intensity is the way to roll. I will be sticking with my current Squat/Deadlift routine but my bench plans are up in the air. I currently have a serious lockout problem that needs to be addressed as well as some speed issues(though speed bench is not for me or my joints).
Any and all suggestions are welcome here as to possible bench ideas and whatnot.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Thanks for the comments fellas. Reverse bands and 3 inch rack lockouts with lots of band tension are at the top of my list. I'm always real hesitant though to do the reverse bands for a long period of time b/c I compete raw and I always thought they had a good carryover only to shirted benchers.
As far as speed work, tonight was not a problem at all for my speed. I use to do high rep benching 15-25 reps one day a week without a pause done quicky with no lockouts and weighted dips with lots of weight. I feel those are the two best ways. Speed bench is too tough on the joints in my opinion.
Yeah, I put some thought into it and decided against the 6x a week training.

6:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home