"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tricep Training 12/15/05

Good elbow training tonight. I know I could do 385x6 if it was my first set b/c the 365 was so easy. I didn't rest long enough between my first and second set as evidenced by the drop and then the rebound. The bands really start to slack up at my sticking point with the 18 inch grip so this is a good exercise for me now. Everything is set in place so lets see what happens. I am corrosponding with a fellow blogger, John McDonald, in regards to the 8x3 program and it's long term application. I like the % loads as well as the 10 pound a week jumps. It is the same amount of volume as 4x6 but you get more sets in to groove the technique better. We shall see what happens!

Close Grip Reverse Band Press 365x6/385x5,4,5,3
Modified Close Grip Press 165x4x6
Hammer Curls 75x4x8
Seated Row 300x4x8
Face Pulls 60x2x10/80x10/100x10

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Nice workout, Mike... have you ever tried maxing out with the reverse band setup?

8:48 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

I never have. One thing I've never eally liked doing was maxing in training with singles. I don't know why but it just seemed I would always get hurt. If I were to max on it, I believe I would be good for 435-445 with the close grip.

9:28 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Green Bands with an 18 inch grip.

8:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home