"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Squat Training 2/8/06

Squats were medium difficulty. On the 430 box squat the first 2 felt out of groove so I did then till it felt right. 315 for fronts was easy and way low. I'm exhausted after this workout.

Squat 500x3
11inch Box Squat 405x1/430x3x1
Front Squat 315x2x5
Standing Calf Machine 300x8/325x3x8

5 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Yeah, 3 singles. These box squats are butt kickers b/c you have to really power up out of the hole from the get go or you simply won't get it.

7:59 AM

 
Blogger Alberto said...

Leave no doubt in meets. Right, Mike?

7:41 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Not quite sure what you mean. But when I'm lifting if something dsen't feel right or I feel I hit it wrong, I will do it till I feel I've done it right. As far as doubt or second guessing yourself, you must approach all heavy weights with nothing but positive thoughts.

8:29 AM

 
Blogger Alberto said...

I should have been clearer. I mean as far as the heavy training at low depths. Especially raw, that's mad weight!!! Too often at the gym, I see people cutting it high when the weights get heavier.

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Ah, agree 100%. I will not count a rep even if I THINK it is high.

11:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home