"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Bench Training 2/2/06

I figured it was now time to max out again. 405 was not a limit lift, maybe 5-10 more pounds in me. What's crazy is I didn't even wear my wrist wraps for the lift. That's a PR raw press at 242 for me. Gave 8x3 a run and it felt pretty good. Would like to give it a trial run but don't know if the shoulder would hold up. Nonetheless, that's a 20 pound gain on my bench since 12/2 when I missed 385 at lockout. I'll do assisted presses every other week. All an assisted press is I control the weight all the way down and then press it up with minimal help from my spotter. I weighed in at 243 fully dressed.

Bench Press 365x1/*405x1*/315x8x3(last rep paused on each set)
Assisted Press 455x1
Seated Hammer Curls 70x4x8
Seated Rows 255x4x8

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Nice job on reaching one of your goals so soon!

6:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home