"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Squat Training 1/19/06

On the 545 I came flying out of the hole only to miss just over halfway up. And it wasn't like I just stopped, I was coming up and then just started coming back down. It caught my spotter and I by suprise b/c it was coming up so fast! I weighed in at 244. I had already intended to do front squats instead of pause squats to save my back, as well as leg curls for good mornings. But now I feel I need the front squats more than anything b/c my quads are so weak!

Raw Squat 405x1/495x1/545xMISS(close)
Front Squat 255x2x5
Lying Leg Curl 90x2x8/70x2x8
Standing One Leg Calf Raise 30x4x8

2 Comments:

Blogger Alberto said...

You sure it wasn't just a technique flaw or you losing focus somewhere, Mike? I'm sure you're right about the quad work to help you lock out the squat. It's just rare that I hear of anyone missing a squat from the top when the speed from the bottom was quick.

8:51 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

You may be right. I was training in a different gym and in the morning the day after I was suppose to work out(workout partner didn't show the night before). But I hate to make excuses. Focus wasn't 100% for sure.

7:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home