"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Time to start preparing

After much debate on my part, I will go with the standard powerlifting type training for this meet. Although I am seeing good gains from what I'm doing, I'm nursing two tender pecs, a bad lower back, and some really beat up joints. I'll take the strength I've gained and see how I can apply it to my powerlifting. With just under 4 weeks to prepare, I'm hoping to hit 550, 415, 605. This would beat last years ADAU nationals winner but is still piss poor in my opinion. When I hit the 550 a couple weeks ago I was wearing knee wraps but no belt. Now, I'm wearing a belt but no knee wraps as pre ADAU rules. I've been doing all my front squatting without wraps so I won't be too uneasy about it. Still not sure on what type of program I will follow but it will be fairly low volume due to my injuries.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Powerlifting is all about pushing through adversity whether it be illness or injury...
I hope that you can achieve what you've outlined in this post.
Becoming the ADAU national 275 champ wouldn't be a bad start to your comeback.

7:40 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home