"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Friday, July 28, 2006

Week 13 Training Day 3

Brutal Day Today

Pause Squat 225x1/315x1/405x1/465x2/555x1(no pause)
Deadlift off Block 315x1/405x1/505x2/595x1(off floor)
Pause Bench 225x1/325x5x1 w/ 10 sec. pauses
Pull Ups BWx6x4

Pause Squats where way easy as was the 555 single. I did the deadlifts off a 4 inch block which put the bar right against the middle of my foot. I don't think I'll do those again b/c it put be in a position that is too different from my regular deadlifts(I couldn't get the bar against my shin). Maybe I'll drop it down to 2.5 inches. Benching was super easy today. The biggest discovery of the day though was that it is the pause squats that are making my back get worse. I'll have to see what I can do about this. I may be investing in a cambered bar for benching.

1 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Flexibility is no longer a problem for me as I have been including A LOT of stretching in my program. I've used it in the past with great success but suffered an injury b/c of overuse. I was using 315 for 5x5 with long pauses 3x a week.

2:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home