"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Monday, August 07, 2006

Week 11 Training Day 1

Pause Bench 135x1/225x1/315x1/345x5
Decline Bench 225x1/315x1/365x5
Pull Ups BW(291)x5/BW+10x5/BWx5/BW+10x5/BWx5

All benching was very easy today. Got out of my groove on my 5th rep on decline when I hit the upright on the way up on my 4th rep. Bench was too close to the uprights. Pull Ups where also very easy. As a side note my flexibility has come a long way the last 3 months. I can almost do a side split and put my head on the ground during a front split. I also can do 50 front/backs with a towel for my shoulders with a 30 inch grip.

2 Comments:

Blogger Michael said...

Stinn - I reccommend it to everyone just for that reason! Also, it helps me to easily achieve depth on my squats and took away all the pain in my shoulders from benching. It most certainly helps ne sit lower for deadlifts despite my added bwt.

Jon - What do you mean? The added weight really makes no difference b/c my waist is the same size now as it was at 265.

4:05 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

I use to believe that stretching would hurt my lifting b/c I wouldn't be as "tight". That's a bunch of bull crap!! I've had nothing but positive results and feel that many if not all of little nagging lower back and shoulder injuries are cureable with the right kind of stretching routine.

Stinn, I combined elements of the BFS stretching program and DCs extreme stretching. Then modified it to include just as much upper body stretching. I focus on hip flexors, shoulder girdle, hamstring, and groin.

7:26 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home