"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Friday, October 06, 2006

Update

I will NOT be doing the AAU worlds on October 22. My back had gotten to the point where everyday was a challenge to get up, bend over, walk around, play with my daughter. I had to draw the line. I need to rest so that means no squatting or deadlifting for awhile. I haven't lifted in 8 days but will be going to the gym for some benching to begin preparations for my bench only meet in December. I will also begin some weight loss preparations. Nothing crazy this time but we will begin to go down. I will be happy with 255-265. I would like to hit 455@260ish for my next meet nonetheless, I will be in the 275s.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

8 days without lifting feels like a very long time. Take it easy.

6:57 AM

 
Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

Mike,
Its too bad its come to this but good call on the decision, lifting is fun and fulfilling but it doesnt hold a candle to your kids. Admirable decision on your part. Get yourself where you need to be and take your time, you are a strong S.O.B and i am sure you will get to the full comps again soon...good luck at the Bench Meet!!!

2:43 PM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Thanks for the support. It was a very tough decision but my family means a lot to me and that made it a no brainer.

7:50 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home