"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Chest/Shoulder/Tri 5/19/07

3 Board Chain Bench
warm up 135x1/135+chainx1/225+chainx1
work sets 315+chainx1/335+chainx1/365+chainx1

Speed Bench 185x8x3
3 different grips used

Fat Bar Pushdowns with Band attached
STACKx5x12(wow, tough)

Elbows Out Extensions 6x10

Face Pulls 4x12

Chest Supported Row 5x12

ABS 8x12


Max out day, deload next week YESSSSSSS!!!! The 365 with chain was slow. I hold all my reps at the top for 3-5 seconds. Total weight at the top was 615. Today I also tried a suggestion from Ryan K. and that was to not take the bar down to the board slowly but rather "drop" it on the board, pause, and explode. Helped my shoulder out but I found it to be much harder this way??

My shoulder hurts real bad but I had no problems on the speed bench for some reason. I'm actually really interested to see where this plan will take me.
My triceps are getting much bigger and I now regret doing the reverse grip earlier n the cycle. But if I hadn't gotten hurt, I wouldn't be trying new things.

1 Comments:

Blogger Powerlifter1974 said...

I do the same thing on Boards when the shoulder is acting up, I will drop the sucker to the board. Seems to alleviate shoulder pain, and i agree, its much harder this way, i think its because you kind lose all you tightness in letting it drop then try to reacquire it under load which is hard as hell....either, looking strong.

4:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home