"Promise to yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind. To be too wise for worry, too tolerant for anger, and too courageous for fear. To be happy." - Author Unknown -

Monday, November 21, 2005

Board Bench 11/21/05

So I decided that you only live once and I don't want to miss this meet. So I had to think about how to work around the shoulder pain. A few adjustments I made were only 1 working set for all benching exercises as well as no more pressing except bench. If my shoulder feels good then on Thursday or Friday I will do 1x1 with 370. If not, I will do the 370 off my chest on Monday. This gives me 2 board bench workouts and 2 off the chest workouts until the meet. Also, other exercises will be eliminated that put the AC joint in a poor position. No more deadlifts, will switch to Squats, and possibly no more power cleans. My shoulder felt good today and it's no coincidence that I didn't do these on Saturday. I will go to Board Bench - Monday, Squat - Wednesday, and possible Bench - Friday.


Board Bench 370x3(paused last rep)
Tricep Press 225x2x6 / 235x6
Hammer Curls 70x2x8 / 75x2x8
Seated Row 130x8/140x8/150x8/160x8
Reverse Pec Dec 200x8 / 210x3x8

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

Hey, Mike... be careful about your shoulder. If you feel anything like serious pain you should quit working out for a while.
I hope you are able to work around the discomfort and get prepared for this meet.
Just remember that there will be many other competitions and you want to be healthy enough to do them.

6:37 AM

 
Blogger Michael said...

Yeah, I hear ya about squats. The weight isn't that significant right now and they actually felt good by stretching them out a little.

6:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home